Re: [Usability] Configuration of Gnome

To be more verbose now I've had caffeine
No-one wants to think of themselves as a novice
So everyone turns on Expert mode
Then we end up with a mess

Also, the distinction between Novice and Expert is domain specific
I may be an expert in sound editing, but not in graphics design
What mode do I select?

We have expert mode already
gconf-editor. Tweak to your hearts content.
If you want a fancy UI for it, make a TweakUI tool

Problem solved.