Re: [Usability] Sub-category based grouping of icons in GNOME menus

Hi Peter,

Op woensdag 24-12-2008 om 15:46 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Peter
Clifton:

> What I proposed to him instead, was that the menu ought to demark
> between sub-categories, something like this (just a mock-up):
>
> http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/menus.png
>

> I started looking for somewhere to take this idea to the GNOME
> developers, and came across:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/Menus

In case you hadn't noticed, sub-category sorting is what we already do
in Epiphany's Bookmarks menu. Bookmarks in one topic are subdivided by
the other topics they belong to; and only if the number of bookmarks in
a subtopic surpasses a certain treshold, a new submenu is created.

No textual header is used for the subdivisions, however, it's just a
divider line. If I recall correctly, the reason for this was that it
would be too visually chaotic otherwise.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen