Re: [Usability] A virtual terminal inside GNOME session

Pedro de Medeiros wrote:
> Hello, usability team.
>
> I believe better integration with traditional Unix Tools is a good
> path for GNOME in general. A simple way of achieving this would
> be, I guess, to allow Unix tools that interact through terminals
> like write, talk and shutdown to interface directly with GNOME.
>
> So what about "hiding" a virtual terminal inside GNOME session
> to listen to users and system requests that are sent directly to
> terminals?
>
> Some mock-ups to make my point, then. The result of a write(1)
> message sent to another user:

You are thinking about something like gxconsole Yes, it would be nice to
have such utility in core GNOME desktop, otherwise halt / reboot / dying
disc messages go to /dev/null.

http://gxconsole.sourceforge.net/

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Lihovarská 1060/12           tel: +420 284 028 966, +49 911 740538747
190 00 Praha 9                                  fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/