Re: [Usability] Alternatives to hardcoded colors

В Чтв, 28/08/2008 в 22:03 -0400, Jeff пишет:
> Hello, I'm a happy user of Pimlico Tasks
> (http://pimlico-project.org/tasks.html), and there seems to be a
> usability/accessibility flaw in this application: the tasks
> "priorities" are indicated by colors in certain cases.
>
> In the main task list, tasks with high priority are displayed in bold
> type text, "normal" priority is displayed in normal text. All that
> seems good so far, however the problem is this: the "low priority"
> tasks are displayed in hardcoded gray text. I find that to be bad
> accessibility, because it does not seem to bode well with most GTK
> themes. For example, with clearlooks, the text is readable (gray on
> white), but barely, and you need to have a powerfully-lit screen to
> contrast the text. Then, gray text is unusable in most dark themes too
> (gray on black).
>
> I know that a lot of applications are in this situation. I would like
> your input as to what could be done to be able to indicate 3-4 levels
> of "priority" while still retaining an application that is not heavily
> theme-dependent for being legible (I'm also thinking of other
> applications such as Homebank, Specto, etc.), especially in GTK
> listviews or treeviews.
>
> Thank you for your ideas.

Quite for a long time there is a support for named theme colors in gtk.
They was supposed to define color scheme for such a cases so there must
be "normal priority" color, "high priority" color and so on, but,
unfortunately with the recent development of themes recoloring this
effort gone to zero. Now you have to go through three subdialogs to
reach the settings of the theme and set the same four base colors.

Developers can still use some functions like:

color_shade (selected_bg_color)

So it's more a problem for application developers and pimlico developers
in particular to choose colors properly.

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=