Re: [Usability] application names in the application menu

Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> If a program has a name obviously related to what it does, *or* lots of
> marketing, you're fine. But if you're missing both, people will have
> trouble working out what the program is for.

Even then, an obvious name may only work for English. You will never see
translated Rhythmbox as "Caja de ritmos" (which sounds too ugly). Same for every
other application.

So I think having both the application name and what it's for (as "Epiphany web
browser") makes sense, because of this and other arguments mentioned on the
thread (as e.g. if you install several applications of the same purpose).

Cheers,
Emilio