Re: [Usability] Copy/double click feedback

Where does double-click not provide feedback? Double-clicking on a launcher normally displays a ?Launching whatever? entry in the window list and shows the ?busy? cursor. I do think that the double-click should be gotten rid of, but I don't think that feedback is necessarily the problem.

-----Original Message-----

From:  lorenzo <l bolzani gmail com>
Subj:  Re: [Usability] Copy/double click feedback
Date:  Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:18 am
Size:  1K
To:  usability gnome org

Hi, I'd like to summarize a little the discussion that went in several
directions.
I think there are 3 distinct themes, in part overlapping.

1. copy operation does not provide feedback. Copy is an standard
feature provided by gtk/gnome and this is "broken".
There are external tools that provide advanced clipboard functions,
but this does not fix what I condider a gtk/gnome defect.

2. double click does not provide feedback. Double click is a standard
feature and is "broken".

3. rethink the whole desktop usability to remove the double click operation.

I think each of there should be considered on its' own.

About implementation issues there are some "problems" that are easy to
fix and others that are not. If we identify something like a "problem"
several strategies to fix it can be considered. But I think this is
something that should be done after a "pure" usability evaluation.

Bye

Lorenzo