Re: [Usability] cross-desktop coordination?

On 19 Sep 2007, at 22:57, Jacob Beauregard wrote:

Why can't a Common HIG be created?

In theory it could of course, and the KDE and GNOME projects have talked about it before. At one point we even made a joint public announcement, with an associated mailing list set up [1]. The mailing list received about three emails and the project died as quickly as it had started.

Bottom line: nobody has ever been motivated enough to make it happen, I guess.

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] http://dot.kde.org/1044312611/

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team