[Usability] mouse-over audio-icon-play feature

Hi there,

I am a senior undergrad CS major at the University of New Hampshire.
I had a thought about the feature where audio files are played when the mouse is over them. I was thinking that if the icon is then double-clicked, the current play-time parameters could be passed to the player to play the song at the current time. This would enable you to continue listening to longer files without starting the song over (if you want to do something else while listening to the rest of the file.)

Forgive me if this is already in the development works. I am new to the community.

Thanks!
Keith Swenson