Re: [Usability] mouse-over audio-icon-play feature

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 22:19 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Hi
>
> http://bmpx.beep-media-player.org/site/MPRIS
> http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/index.php/Media_Player_Interfaces
>
> lists a design for a common media-player dbus iface. Nautilus could use that for
> the preview. Then a seamleass transition could be made. It might need an
> extension for preview (to suspend current playback if there is any and to
> preserve the playlist).

Once again, of course, we should step back and consider the use case as
well-- why would somebody *want* seamless playback between file manager
and media player in the first place?  (Personally, if I'm previewing a
sound file in nautilus, it's usually *not* because I want to listen to
it in my media player-- all my music is in rhythmbox already.  More
likely it's because I want to make sure I'm attaching the right file to
an email or something.)

Cheeri,
Calum.