Re: [Usability] User Shut Down damaged PC

Mark Knecht wrote:

Assuming we have removed shutdown from the desktop environment then
the two ideas that do work in my mind are:

I had no intentions of suggesting we remove the shutdown command from the desktop environment. I had suggested that we could make its availability configurable for individual user accounts. I don't think removing shutdown for all of Gnome's users is a good solution here. That would be removing functionality used by many to help a few. Make it something administrators can configure, but the default should be to present the user with all system options in the dialogue. Whether or not we need all the current options is another discussion ;)

Just a caveat on your comment above, I want to ensure my original comment was clear.

Kirk