Re: [Usability] User Shut Down damaged PC

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 19:41 -0700, Kirk Bridger wrote:

> I also think that a shutdown command should be aware of the fact that
> an un-interruptable system operation is going on.  It should alert the
> user and ask them to specify if the user wants to cancel their
> shutdown command or simply shutdown when the un-interruptable
> operation is complete.

If nothing else, we're being woefully inconsistent in offering the user
a popup dialog when they log out saying "If you don't confirm you'll be
logged out in 60 seconds anyway", but pulling the rug from under their
feet the moment they select restart or shut down.

Cheeri,
Calum.