Re: [Usability] User Shut Down damaged PC

Hi Mark!

Thank you for your feedback. I think the problem you raise is real,
however I believe the need to solve the "how to fix a broken system"
problem is not as urgent as the need to not break it in the first
place. The simplest way I see is to be able to warn the user against
shutting down/rebooting whenever a system upgrade is being performed.

I'm not sure whether this needs to be distro specific or not (there
are many ways to upgrade a system in the various distros), but the
upgrade system should probably let gnome-session know about what it is
doing?

Cheers,
Manu