Re: [Usability] regaining pixels blingfully

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 18:11 -0500, Liam R E Quin wrote:

> I remember that Netscape years ago played with click-to-hide/show
> toolbars, but (1) they didn't slide back smoothly, so it was hard to
> understand what was happening, and (2) it wasn't the whole toolbar area,
> but individual toolbars, so it was confusing.

FWIW, this is a standard feature in OSX (well, the developer can choose
whether or not to enable it, anyway). You get a little button in the
titlebar that shows/hides the whole toolbar area, with a little slidey
animation.

Can't say I've ever felt the need to use the feature myself, except in
one application where I never used the toolbar anyway.  So I used the
button once to hide the toolbar, and I haven't touched it since :)

Cheeri,
Calum.