[Usability] And idea about sound....

Currently I have no way of editing what sound device is changed with my
volume buttons.  That's not good.  Is there a way to do that?

Secondly, have you ever seen this video..
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6208163735508209541&q=linux
+startup+sound
hehe
Well as short as most login sounds are.. I think it would be nice if we
could have a button we could hold or a an option at the gdm login that
could simple stop that sound at the login.  Comes in handy if I have to
start my computer during my church meetings.  (I have to keep notes of
things at the meeting.  And I get the big bongo drums at the ubuntu
login screen, and then the login sound.  Yikes, how embarrasing.  I like
startup sounds and I think they even have their uses.  Like for the
blind.  But wouldn't it be nice to be able to disable it at any time
with a key down?
Regards,
Jason Brower