Re: [Usability] Three dialog problems

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 04:12:09PM -0300, Mariano Suárez-Alvarez wrote:

> > The Add/Remove buttons are for Bookmarks (Places). Select a folder
> > in the file list, hit Add and you have a new entry. I added all
> > my bookmarks through file dialogs, as it is when using them, I
> > noticed the palces I need frequently. One could argue adding/removing
> > could be done with drag and drop and/or context menus. There's a
> > discoverability problem, but it looks like that's the case with the
> > buttons, too, strange as it might seem.
>
> You -can- drag and drop folders from the list to the bookmarks list.

I know. Didn't express myself well here. What I mean:
One could argue that there shouldn't be buttons, leaving only
drag and drop (perhaps optionally also context menus for adding and
removing).

> The good thing about the buttons is that the user can hover the pointer
> on them and get tooltips.

It doesn't exactly speak for the buttons if a user feels compelled
to read the tooltips. But yeah, they are very visible and obviously
have to be good for something ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: