[Usability] how to contribute

hi,

I'm looking for a way to contribute to the gnome development and this project interested me the most.
I was wondering in what way that I could contribute to the usability project, i asked it in the irc channel to but at the moment there isnt any answer so I
thought I'd ask it through this channel.

It isnt really clear to me what "knowledge" anyone should have to contribute. At the moment I am a student in computer sciences so I have some
experience with software development.

If anyone could reply if it would be possible to contribute in some way or if it would be better to try to contribute in an other project of gnome
I would be very gratefull.

thanx in advance

Kristof

ps : i'm sorry if my english isnt always correct but my native language is dutch since i'm from belgium.