[Usability] Themes: Aesthetic Color Schemes & Personalized Desktop Backgrounds

To say that you could match any color scheme with any desktop background and have the results be aesthetic is flat out wrong. The two seem interdependent. I have found that when I choose my color schemes, I pick colors that come primarily from my desktop backgrounds.

If my desktop background doesn't match, one could perceive the environment as ugly. I know that different distributions have offered quite a limited number of themes to choose from.

I was just wondering, has anyone thought of building a theming tool that tries to pick a selection of possibly aesthetic schemes based on the background image? I think such a tool would go a long way in helping individuals personalize their desktop.