[Usability] Image Viewing vs. Editing

I have an idea. It seems that there's a battle between image viewing and
editing for default application's file association between different
users. Some users use mostly image editing, while some users mostly just
want to view files. However, there are more users in the general middle
ground that would like to do both, and usually I end up picking viewing
because I don't like the load time for editing programs. However, I find
the cost of having to close out of a program when I actually intend to
edit an image fairly high.

So there's the cost of accidentally opening in a viewer and having to
close out and open it with an application that isn't the default one,
and the cost of having to wait for the image editor to load, regardless
of which one you go with by default. Obviously choosing the image editor
as the default app would bring the lowest cost in this scenario.

However, what about this scenario: have an "open in default image
editor" button in the image viewer.