Re: [Usability] Discoverable off-screen window dragging
- From: "Kristian Lyngstøl" <kristian bohemians org>
- To: "Willie Walker" <William Walker sun com>
- Cc: Usability <Usability gnome org>, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com>, Hans Petter Jansson <hpj novell com>
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Discoverable off-screen window dragging
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 22:05:14 +0100
On Nov 30, 2007 12:47 AM, Willie Walker <William Walker sun com> wrote:
> On a related note, enhancing metacity's window movement behavior from
> the keyboard would be really nice. If you press Alt+F7 to move a
> window, you can move it all over the screen using the arrow keys. But,
> if you press Alt+Space and select Move that way, you cannot push the
> window vertically off the screen -- the window gets stuck on the title bar.
In Compiz, this is indeed bugged, but not in the way you describe it.
Alt+F7 and alt+space->move functions the same, however what happens
here is that you can initially move the window freely, but once moved
back, you can no longer move it above the struts.
1. Alt F7 - trigger move (or alt-space -> move)
2. Move the window above the panel
3. Move it back down again
4. Now you're unable to move it above the panel without re-triggering move.
Obviously a bug, filed a report about it. 
By the way, Gutsy with effects on means you're using Compiz and Compiz Fusion.
] [Thread Prev