Re: [Usability] Request for Totem usability review

On Sat, 2007-12-02 at 21:26 +0000, Philip Withnall wrote:
> You can find a screenshot of the YouTube plugin at [1], and a screenshot
> of the Video Search (Tracker) plugin at [2]. Unfortunately, by reviewing
> via screenshot I think you miss the ability to review how usable loading
> extra results as you scroll is, so hopefully someone else on the list
> will be able to do that?

I won't do an in depth review or anything but just noticed one thing
on the screenshots below that I find quite ironic. The local search
plugin has "Back" and "Forward" while the Youtube plugin doesn't. :)

I can imagine why web-based search tools have a need for "Back",
"Forward" and "Find" buttons (bandwidth concerns). It's harder to
justify for local search tools where searches should be fast enough
for "find as you type" and no "Back" and "Forward" buttons.

> [1]: http://tecnocode.co.uk/totem-youtube.png
> [2]: http://tecnocode.co.uk/totem-video-search.png

Martin