Re: [Usability] Integration and Standardisation of Notification area and behaviour

Well, while I'm waiting for my lab partner's mockery of alpha-beta pruning to
make a decision against my own algorithm's, I think I'll respond to this.

Yes, I have always been annoyed by the inconsistency the system tray presents
regardless of what interface I've used (KDE, GNOME, Windows).

Still, I like it better than stuff cluttering the task bar. Still, there are
the times when the system tray can be cluttered itself.

If I had my way, the quick-launch bar and the system tray would be one in the
same with some signifying appearance that a program is running in the
background, and I bet someone has done it before. I would also make it
possible to throw/replace any application in the tray. I don't know what
anyone else thinks about this though. I'd really love for someone to do a
usability study on a revised concept of the system tray.