Re: [Usability] Filechooser and filename suffixes

On 9/30/06, Kirk Bridger <kbridger shaw ca> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for discussion all questions in such detail.

> There might of course be more examples I'm just listing the most
> obvious ones that came up in previous discussions.
> Ultimately it might of course be favourable to have the behaviour
> implemented in the filechooser itself, but that would as well require
> to figure out the preferred way of solving that issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by the filechooser here - do you mean the GTK
dialogue invoked in some way via Abiword?  I just tried using my version
of Abiword and it looks like it calls the standard GTK dialogue already
for saving .. is there an Abiword-specific dialogue I'm missing here?

I meant that it would be nice having support for suffixes provided by
gtk's filechooser so the applications wouldn't have to implement that
extension to the filechooser themselves.
Maybe this thread can help towards that goal.

Cheers,
Rob