Re: [Usability] Mac-style menubar in GNOME

Joachim Noreiko wrote:

As the Mac-style menubar is likely to take some time,
it might be a good idea to look at renaming the "Menu
Bar" in the interim (or in fact, just *naming* it).

"System menu" is what comes to my mind. I think those terms are used by other OSes (since it sounds familiar to me) but I don't know which.

I've ever actually *used* that menu, except to get
to the hopefully-soon-obsolete "Search for Files").

Yes, there is an ugly inconsistency between that and
Nautilus's built-in search.
(I do actually use that menu to open nautilus folders
quickly. But having to click on a bit of desktop first
to make it available is hardly a great cost.)

I use the places menu *all the time*. Actually I wouldn't mind if there was an applet providing only the places menu ;-) This is especially useful for people that don't display mounts and remote places on the desktop.