Re: [Usability] Colour Schemes Tab

Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
[..]

> When work on gtk named colors was done first, it was supposed that there
> will be color schemes that will define complete look of desktop
> widgets.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/SymbolicThemableColors
>
> It's usually very hard to select consistent colors on the whole desktop
> for all applications. That's why I wonder why this mockup proposes only
> selection of several colors for text and background.

The reason there are only six colours is simply because you could
possibly specify a limitless number of colours for different things on
your desktop, but this would not be helpful, or very easy to use.

With the symbolic colours came the ability to shade and mix colours in
the gtkrc, and I propose this as the way the theme will generate all the
other necessary colours from the six provided.

> From ally view as well as to make color selection usable, there should
> be just a list of predefined color schemes that every theme should
> respect.

Predefined colour schemes are a good idea, but I don't think it's very
useful to stop there. The point of this is to enable users to choose
their own colours for their desktop. Having some predefined colour
schemes are a bonus.

-Thomas