Re: [Usability] Future of the menu top bar?

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 15:04 +0200, Uno Engborg wrote:

> Another thing, we are speaking about top and bottom menu bars. This is a
> bit strange. If you look at almost any printer the default setting will
> be portrait output and most of the work people  do fits that default. If
> we look at most computer screens, they have landscape layout.
> The obvious place to put controls would be on the sides of the screen,
> as if placed there,they would steal less room from the documents we are
> working on.

This is precisely why I keep my dock on the left of the screen when I'm
using OSX... unfortunately, GNOME's panels don't really work very well
docked to the side of the screen, or I'd probably do the same there.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group