Re: [Usability] Usability Issues in Theme Manager

--- Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 11:51 +0100, Thomas Wood
> wrote:
> > So definitely should be fixed? I could never see
> any use case for having
> > the capplet open multiple times, so if it gets the
> approval of the
> > usability team, then I will make sure it is
> prevented from opening more
> > than once.
>
> Are you going to implement this in some way that
> isn't going to have to
> be a cut&paste code hack for every capplet? Frankly,
> I don't see a
> problem with being able to open it multiple times.
> The use case is that
> people aren't going to open it multiple times
> anyway.

Actually, people do.

1. They may have forgotten the preftool is already
open, and behind a window or on another workspace
2. They may summon it from somewhere else, eg the
panel keyboard indicator can open the keyboard prefs.

Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. http://uk.mail.yahoo.com