Re: [Usability] Re: New UI for gnome-about-me capplet

> Subject: [Usability] Re: New UI for gnome-about-me capplet
>
> Diego González <diego pemas net> writes:
>
> > Clicking on the "Address book card" would show a dialog very simmilar to
> > the current evolution "new contact" dialog.
> >
> > What do you think about this new UI? how can it be improved?
>
> If the GNOME standard calls for headline capitalization, your UI needs
> to use it. In practice, the GNOME apps are inconsistent (which is
> unfortunate).

Report bugs please!

At a glance the capitalisation in the examples looked okay to me.

> I'm actually a Java programmer and use the following guidelines:
>
>   http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/HIG.Visual3.html#78052
>
> I don't recall whether the GNOME HIG mentions this.

The Gnome Guidelines do includes capitalisation rules but I'm not sure
they are exactly the same but since Sun Microsystems helped write a lot of
the documentation there is a good chance they are.  (The capitalisation of
all the text in a checkbox or radio list doesn't sound right for one
thing but that would make more sense if they stick to very short labels
instead.)

Not sure I entirely trust those Java guidelines, the manage to mispell
centimetres and they use an unnecessary abbreviatoin "don't"  :P

--
Alan