Re: [Usability] Our approach to GUI design

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 18:23 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
[snip]
> What if a developer could post to the usability list,
> or a new GUI design list, and say "I need a dialog box
> that lets the user choose x,y, and z: please make me a
> Glade file"?

Usually it's so hard to explain what you want that it's easiest to
explain with a .glade mock-up. So then you've have the same situation as
now in cvs: .glade files that you can change.

I, for one, welcome patches to .glade files or any other files.

> It also makes sense from the point of view of
> resources. The GUI designers will know the HIG
> backwards and forwards, and this would free the
> developer to concentrate on the code.

By telling them about the problems, the developers learn the HIG.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com