Re: [Usability] Save Icon

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:

> There are at least three ways to use the Copy/Paste function:
>
> 1) the Edit menu;
> 2) the context menu;

> 3) keyboard shortcuts (which, btw, are discoverable in GTK+ apps).

2) is not really an option at all either if we even pretend to care about
accessibility.  It also sucks for Pen+Tablet users and some laptop users
dont have the buttons bad developers have incorrectly assumed they do
have.  Having a single button mouse by default the way Apple does is a
clever way to enforce this much needed good design, otherwise you end up
will all kinds of messing with the context menu we are stuck with (and
apple still has the option of adding in a two button mouse later because
right click and ctrl+click are treated the same).

- Alan