Re: [Usability] Save Icon

> "...the toolbar button for Paste still gets clicked more than any other
> button.  The command is so incredibly popular that <i>even though there
> are more efficient ways of using it</i>, many people do prefer to click
> the toolbar button." (highlight from me)

So what do you suggest? For copy/paste/cut I use Ctrl+c/v/c. I use Ctrl
+z for undo and Ctrl+Shift+z for redo. But I know _many_ people who just
use the toolbar buttons. Key shortcuts aren't discoverable and there are
many people, esp in the Gnome target group of "Gradmas" who will never
ever use them. Menu entries on the other hand are anything but more
efficient to use!
An applications, where copying and pasting is a common action (inkscape,
open office ...) should definitely have those buttons for those people
less used to the keyboard.
Same with the save button: As long as we got the concept of save (which
I do like, because I sometimes work on a document without wanting to
save it, after printing or exporting), we must have a quick way of
accessing save for people who don't use Ctrl+s. A toolbar button is what
comes to ones mind immediately.

Anyways, it's rather late. I just wanted to object the idea of getting
rid of toolbar buttons that are extremely useful to a huge number of
members of our target group.

David