Go button [Re: [Usability] Save Icon]

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:

> (FWIW, it seems Microsoft removed "Go" the button from Internet Explorer
> 7).

I actually like having a Go button.  Sometimes having the extra button can
be very reassuring and it is certainly more easily discovered.  My other
reason is probably because I used some very unreliable browsers for many
years, and in this case I mean Mozilla (I used many different nightly
builds on a regular basis updating regularly from about M12 until Mozilla
1.0 was finally released.  I still get annoyed that Esc doesn't Stop the
load of web pages as effectively as it used to and I'm often forced to
use the stop button on the toolbar).

Clearly visible buttons do help discoverability and sometimes even better
reliability.  From my observations infrequent users may as well be
absolute beginners, as they essentially need to relearn everything all
over again, so discoverability is key.

Later ;)

- Alan