Re: [Usability] Save Icon

Am Samstag, den 28.01.2006, 10:29 -0400 schrieb Steven Garrity:
> Steven Garrity wrote:
> > We've been debating this issue over at the Tango Project [1]. For now,
> > the best alternative we've come to is an arrow pointing into a hard-drive.
>
> Forgot to link to our current Tango icon:
> http://tango-project.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/scalable/actions/document-save.png

I wonder if a stylized hard disk is any better than a stylized 3.5"
disk. The former is not only more common as a Save symbol nowadays, I
also think that floppy disks are much better known to people than
external hard drives. Also, the silhouette of a hard drive (basically a
generic box) is less recognizable than that if a floppy disk (square
with a missing edge).

 - Sebastian