Re: [Usability] Save Icon

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 07:41:33PM -0500, Sarah Berry wrote:

> Another thought that has occurred to me is that the "Save" icon in GEdit and
> other applications may no longer be appropriate.
> As floppy disks are rapidly becoming archaic and are no longer included on
> many systems, perhaps a new icon could be created?

This occured to me years ago, still have no idea on a replacement ;)

A stylized floppy disk would not be the first symbol with an
origin lost to history, so the meaning has to be learned
and can't be deduced at all for those who come after us.

Any alternative should be a cross-desktop/toolkit standard, though.

Regards,
Thorsten Wilms