Re: [Usability] Merge Open/Save

On 08/02/06, Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:
> It has been an interesting discussion, off to see if I can get my hands on
> a copy of the "Humane Interface" and finally read what Raskin has to say,
> may he rest in peace.

You could also go and try Archy if you haven't done it yet. It's an
actual working implementation of the ideas described in the "Humane
Interface" book. You can try how it really feels having that working
system before going to the book and reading how the design came to be.

Nevertheless, the basic operations of the system are described in the
Wikipedia article...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archy

... and the rationales for them and several other essays can be found
at the original Archy website, the Raskin Center:
http://rchi.raskincenter.org/index.php?title=Core_Principles