Re: [Usability] Re: Save Icon
- From: Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com>
- To: Usability gnome conference <usability gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: Save Icon
- Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:20:34 +1300
On 7 Feb, 2006, at 9:11 AM, Daniel F Moisset wrote:
On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 09:35 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
--- Daniel F Moisset <dmoisset grulic org ar> wrote:
Then why not an arrow going into a folder icon?
What concerns me about that is that the silhouette of
the icon might look very similar to the Open icon,
which is also a folder.
If you are doing a full redesign at tango, you could use:
* open: folder with arrow going out (perhaps a small document at the
end of the arrow, but i dont know if the detail will be eonugh)
* close: folder with arrow going in (again perhaps with a document)
that would make clear the open/save duality, and link the concept with
As Joachim just said, the problem is that the Save icon would look very
similar to the Open icon.
Matthew Paul Thomas
] [Thread Prev