Re: [Usability] Re: gparted usability

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 09:06 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> There's no way to specify units other than MB for
> display and specifying sizes. Ideally there should be
> a global pref for display units, and each entry field
> should be followed by a dropdown where I can choose
> units for that field: MiB, MB, GiB, GB, etc. (Note to
> self: the docs need a section just on all the
> different units out there!)

For display can't it do the same as Nautilus and display relevant units?
i.e. by /boot partition is 100MB, my /home is 50GB, and the work NAS
storage is 2TB (gnome_vfs_format_file_size_for_display) is the relevant
API call.

For entry a combo by the field seems like a good idea, bonus points for
making a entry + dropdown combination a custom widget so that you can
just call entry_get_size() to get the entered size in bytes. :)

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./