Re: [Usability] Using Control-Esc and Windows keys to access the start menu

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, Saad Shakhshir wrote:

> Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:35:33 -0400
> From: Saad Shakhshir <shakhshir gmail com>
> To: Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com>
> Cc: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>, Usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] Using Control-Esc and Windows keys to access the
>     start menu
>
> The deskbar applet performs the function of the run dialog and much more.

And it is not included on the Ubuntu Dapper Live CD.

Consistency is a big part of the problem.  Until now the Run dialog was
consistenly available everywhere.  It was one thing that saved me from a
lot of relearning over the years as Gnome has been reorganised or
distributions have changed things around.

--
Alan