Re: [Usability] Idea for HIG: Ctrl+W to close active tab, if no tabs close window

BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> I have noticed that there are two quite important keybindings in GNOME
> that behave inconsistent.
>
> First ctrl-w. This is actually a six year old unresolved issue [1]. And
> nothing has changed!!

I would very much like to know how GNOME works. Thanks for bringing up this
issue, it really isn't nice to have different behavior in different apps.
Please note that all the apps you mention are not GNOME apps of course.

> I propose that it be changed to:
>
>     "Close the current document and activate the previously used
>     document. If there are no more documents in the window, close it."

Sounds sane. Whatever is decided, I would like these things to behave the
same everywhere.

--
Juha Siltala
begin:vcard