Re: [Usability] Mail clients put the Subject field in the wrong place

--- Kalle Vahlman <kalle vahlman gmail com> wrote:

> 2005/9/19, Matthew Thomas <mpt myrealbox com>:
> > I'd also put the recipient fields underneath the
> message body, on the
> > grounds that sometimes you're not sure exactly who
> a message is
> > appropriate for until you've finished it.
>
> What I think are the three most important factors
> when placing UI
> components are:
>
> - What is most used
> - What is the logical order of things
> - What are the relations of said components

A number of blogging clients allow the user to drag
the different fields into any order they like. This
has probably come about because there are more fields
involved, and wide variance across users in what is
always/sometimes/never used.

Perhaps email clients could try this?