Re: [Usability] Media Controls

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 16:47 +0100, Tim Steenvoorden wrote:
> Stop is a combination of "Pause" and "Go to begin of movie / playlist".
> People are used to it: its on their CD-player, DVD-player, tape-recorder
> etc. etc.

This argument has come up many times but very few people actually own
devices which do this.  Tape players certainly don't go to the beginning
of the track when you press stop (as they don't have tracks), and
neither do any of my CD or DVD players.  Indeed my DVD player will
resume when you play Play after a power-cycle, and it's far more useful
that way.  If you want to go to the beginning of the track, press the
Back button.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./