Re: [Usability] New "Add to panel" dialog

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 12:45 +0200, Tim Steenvoorden wrote:
> Hi !
>
> > * The applet list is now two-dimensionnal (icons and text are put on a
> > 2D canvas).
> >
> > * Applets are organized into categories.
>
> This should be done to the preference apps to.

The problem with this is, the categories can be something the users
really are not familiar with - thus they just add complexity.

"My mouse is too fast.. Now, do I change this in "User interface" or
"Peripherals" or "Hardware"? The categories wouldnt help at all in this
case.

"Add a search" is good, but it shouldnt be the primary solution.

//Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: tigert novell com