Re: [Usability] A (rather long) list of GNOME usability issues

> Again, a minor feature. But I did state at the beginning that I'm
> nitpicking on some of the problems.
>
> > Personally I've toyed with the idea of hiding everything below
> > home and then giving users an easier view of the file system (what
> > they are entitled to see) rooted at ~ for example
> > ~/Applications/
> > but everyone seems to have ideas of their own on this and then there are
> > the people using their home directory as their desktop complicating
> > matters.
>
> What does home as desktop to do with this?

users who have home as their desktop dont like when more folders or
shortcuts are added to their home directory

nevermind, it is one of those random ideas of mine which are not quite
thought out fully and I probably shouldn't mention them at inapporpriate
times.

> This is exactly what I'm planning to do. When O got that far writing

great.  I cannot help using the stock responses, I guess I should try
harder to make them sound more encouraging

> these (kind of happened after collecting them for a while, but still
> was a lot of work) I wanted to get some impressions from other users
> whether the ideas make sense, if they have other ideas or arguments
> against mine, basically to refine my ideas before I go and annoy
> developers. Bugzilla is quite large and not easy to search, and
> there's little point in filing duplicates.

fair enough.  I know the feeling.

> There are actually more issues in the list than you summarized here, I

I get distracted ...

> can post the complete list if someone wants that. It's quite large
> though.

might be best to pick out some of the issues which interest you most and
post them in a few shorter messages.

> I switch to Christians post now, sorry for the unusual reply but I
> didn't get the original mails yet.

> Christian, Alan, thank you for your replies (and of course your work
> on this great desktop environment).

the best thanks is more people like you taking an active interest and
trying to help.  Keep it up.

- Alan