[Usability] Re: The filechooser

Kalle Vahlman <kalle vahlman gmail com> wrote:
> 2005/10/13, P�Forsling <pelle forsling net>:

<snip>
> * Alt-up/down for traversing the pathbar (and more when going "up"),
> I'd like for backspace to work here too, but it doesn't currently.

I looked at the pygtk reference docs and found that you can change those
bindings in your .gtkrc-2.0:

binding "my-own-gtkfilechooser-bindings" {
   bind "<Alt><Shift>l" {
      "location-popup" ()
   }
   bind "<Alt><Shift>Up" {
      "up-folder" ()
   }
   bind "<Alt><Shift>Down" {
      "down-folder" ()
   }
   bind "<Alt><Shift>Home" {
      "home-folder-folder" ()
   }
}
class "GtkFileChooserDefault" binding "my-own-gtkfilechooser-bindings"

<snip>
>> * How to show hidden files & folders
>
> I expected the ctrl-H from nautilus to work, but seems that it
> doesn't. This is a bug (and I'll file it if not present already).

Yes crtl-h would be nice, almost discoverable even. :-)

Thanks for your input.
--
Pelle