Re: [Usability] GDM

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 18:32 +0200, Sven Jaborek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> At the moment the login in gdm works exactly like the one on tty, i like
> this consistency! name, enter; password, enter - thats not to difficult
> for people.

Yeah, but this is just because the TTY has limitations - you dont have
"form fields" in the same sense in a TTY - it has to ask one thing at a
time. There is really no reason to do the same limitation on a graphical
login.

Similarly I see no reasons why we just couldnt show both fields and even
a button to click, either from a usability or an artistic standpoint. It
can look just fine either way. Plus now that AFAIK the KDE login manager
can use the same themes, it would make life easier for theme maintainers
too. If that makes users life easier as well, what the heck. Let's do
it.

//Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert novell com>