Re: [Usability] GDM

Hi!

At the moment the login in gdm works exactly like the one on tty, i like
this consistency! name, enter; password, enter - thats not to difficult
for people.

And, if you really want to know anything about the usability of the gdm
login screen, request that 11 people one week later again to do the same
task, and then 1 week later again to do the same task.
I would except that people that have used gdm's login twice will never
complain again about enter vs. tab or a login button.

Imho there are way more important things to do for usability than
discussing login wizard vs. login template. Especially because the test
showed 100% success in login. A good example isnt far away, just look at
that sessions dialog in gdm. gnome,kde, icewm... - what is that? Give
people a dialog with information that can be used to decide what they
want. E.g. show a screenshot of a common gnome, kde ... - perhaps a user
can remember that screen better than the name. Users dont know what they
can change there because they never had the choice in windows or mac or
what ever to change something like a desktop enviroment.

cheers! Sven