Re: [Usability] Re: Text wrapping in gedit

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 13:30 +0300, Daniel Brodie wrote:
> I think the problem is a bit larger then the word wrap pref...

I think that the gedit developers who are going to do the work hear are
looking for specific changes regarding how to deal with the word
wrapping preference. It has been made clear that they do not want to
completely redesign their application. Let's be sure we consider what
they want to do in our suggestions because it is a waste of time to
suggest things they have no desire or time to implement.

Along these same lines, a good way to argue for a specific suggestion is
writing a use case or scenario that involves more than one use case.
This can help to flesh out ideas and show the strength or weakness of a
proposal.

Sorry if I sound like a kill joy here, but Paolo and company have been
very patient and it would be better to decided on solution that is
feasible than to keep requesting changes that really won't be made any
time soon.

It might be good to look at starting a new thread that discusses the
overarching issue and how we might be able to establish an addition to
the HIG that addresses the issue.

Eric