Re: [Usability] Re: Text wrapping in gedit

Il giorno dom, 02/10/2005 alle 22.40 +0000, Roberto Piscitello ha
scritto:
<big snip>
> I find your arguments quite interesting.
> Maybe gedit should have two modes: normal mode and developer mode.

As already stated before I'd really like to avoid this kind of
pie-in-the-sky discussion: personally I value usability a lot and I
think it's possible to make a good text editor which suits users across
a large spectrum of expertise an needs. Distinguishing users in two
classes is IMHO simplistic.

Removing a few prefs from a dialog that the casual user is very unlikely
to ever open and instead force him to chose between two apps or two
modes sounds to me a lot like being a pacifist and move war to those who
don't agree ;)

ciao
	Paolo