Re: [Usability] Modifiers + Scroll => Zoom, which modifiers to use?

> Dnia 30-05-2005, pon o godzinie 23:22 +0200, Christian Neumair napisał:
> > Bug 79352 [1] suggested that "shift-mousewheel could zoom in / out on
> > nautilus views", which sounded like a good idea. Now that Nautilus HEAD
> > zooms the current directory view when the user presses shift+zoom, Mike
> > Miller suggested [2] to use the ctrl key as zoom-triggering scroll
> > modifier, since other applications (many win apps, probably firefox or
> > mozilla) have this binding. Also note that currently, Epiphany has ctrl
> > +scroll bound to quick scroll (double-stepped).
> >
> > Windows(/FF [probably]):
> > ctrl+scroll: zoom
> >
> > GIMP, Nautilus:
> > shift+scroll: zoom
> >
> > we have to decide whether consistency with win is important here, or
> > whether double-stepped scrolling should be bound to ctrl.
> > Any opinions?

From a logical point of view, ctrl makes more sense to me. Because
shift usually just modifies the normal behavior of a key or button,
while ctrl is used for special functions like shortcuts. The normal
behavior of the scroll wheel is to scroll the view, so it makes sense
to me that holding shift will switch the direction or speed in which
it scrolls, while holding ctrl does something completely different.
Are there any other applications which use the "swapped" modifiers
besides of Gimp?