Re: [Usability] Repeated Apply/OK, should it be allowed?

On 10 Mar 2005, at 21:43, John Spray wrote:

I would appreciate any thoughts on the following issue.  When in a
non-instant-apply dialog with OK/Cancel/Apply buttons, should the
OK/Apply buttons be sensitive in the case of there being no user changes
to commit?

The usual thing to do here, I would say, is to disable Apply until there are any changes, but always have OK available. Users tend to get pretty confused when an OK button is disabled for some reason.

Cheeri,
Calum.