Re: [Usability] Introduction

Hi,

Le jeudi 09 juin 2005 �3:11 +0100, Calum Benson a �it :
> On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 19:34, Janne Kaasalainen wrote:
>
> > I am a student at Helsinki University of Technology, reading
> > 'Interactive digital media' as my major and doing my second masters
> > degree at the same time at University of Art and Design Helsinki.
>
> Welcome aboard!
>
> > Using keyboard and the mouse: I am very sure it is no news that
> > moving your hand between keyboard and the mouse is bound to get
> > difficult and slow really quick. Keyboard and mouse do work together,
> > assuming that can use both with a single hand. Emphasis should be
> > placed to the shortcuts that would be easy to use with a single hand.
> > For example, closing an application with Alt-F4 means some very
> > trickery hand movements. Why can't it be, say Windows-Q for quitting?
> > Not a big problem alone, but merely a demonstration what I mean.
>
> Ctrl-Q should already quit any GNOME application, and Ctrl-W should
> close any open document window.  Alt-F4 is really just a legacy CUA
> shortcut.

Err, no. Ctrl-Q does not quit all GNOME applications; for example
neither Epiphany nor Evince use it.
I think the question was more about the choice of A-F4 to close a window
(NOT quit the application), over a more easy shortcut.

Regards,
	Christian